My first finished coat!
Made using Burda Young pattern 6847 and a gorgeous fluffy fabric with one-way stretch that I bought at the Knitting and Stitching Show.
I won’t lie, this coat is very similar to one I already own, bought from Primark at the start of the season… I just thought I could make a better version!
This is the first Burda pattern I’ve used and it was brilliantly straight forward. I went for view B but didn’t bother with the collar. There aren’t many pattern pieces and the jacket doesn’t require lining so I think this was a perfect choice for one of my first coats.
I think I started this jacket in December, but the reason it has taken me so long to finish was actually just the wait for the bronze coloured zip to arrive! I’m pleased with how this jacket turned out, although looking at the photos I think it is a little big so I might take all the seams in a bit. The problem is that although this is a beautiful, soft, fluffy fabric, it’s bloody hard to work with! The hems are nowhere near as neat as I’d like them to be because of that, but luckily you can’t really tell because it’s so fluffy (I hope).